dr hans tulip meridian ms
dr hans tulip
dr tulip meridian ms
hans tulip md
hans tulip md meridian ms
hans tulip meridian ms
robotic hiatal hernia repair surgeon
robotic abdominal hernia repair surgeon
robotic colorectal surgeon
Dr. Hans H.
Tulip, MD, FACS
Dr. Hans Tulip is a trusted & board-certified General Surgeon based in Meridian, Mississippi. His area of expertise is the application of minimally invasive surgical techniques for abdominal surgery. He specializes in hiatal hernia repair/reflux surgery, abdominal hernia repair, and colon/rectal surgery.
After his freshman year of education at Walla Walla College in College Place, WA, Dr. Tulip moved to California to attend The Master’s College in Santa Clarita to pursue a college basketball experience. After college, he moved back to Washington State to attend the School of Medicine at The University of Washington. Dr. Tulip completed his General Surgery Residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX, home to the world-famous Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Providing Quality Medical Care Since 1952
His advanced abilities with robotic and laparoscopic procedures provide his patients with a superior level of care they deserve. Dr. Tulip is able to provide a wide range of surgical procedures, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Utilized to accomplish most abdominal surgeries
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Resection
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Breast Surgery
- Lumpectomy/Partial Mastectomy
- Total Mastectomy
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repair
- Diaphragmatic/Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Endocrine Surgery
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Repair of Rib Fractures
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Chest Wall Injury Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Medical Director of the Robotic Surgery
- Board Member of the Mississippi Trauma Advisory Council
- Board Member of the Mississippi Emergency Medical Services Advisory Council
- Trauma Medical Director at Anderson Regional Medical Center
- Trauma Medical Director of the East Central Mississippi Trauma Care Region
areas of expertise
- Robotic-assisted surgery Hiatal (diaphragm) hernia repair
- Reflux surgery
- Abdominal Hernia repair
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Resident Medical Student Teaching Award
- Parkland Memorial Hospital Employee of the Month
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Member
- Texas Surgical Society Raleigh Ross Scholarship Award 2012
- Outstanding Chief Resident Award 2013
- Private Practice of General Surgery, Medical Arts Surgical Group, Meridian, MS, July 1996-present
- Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- VA Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Zale Lipshy University Hospital, Dallas, TX
get to know DR. hans tulip more
- He grew up in Alaska with his dad who’s a pediatrician.
- He was introduced to medicine at a young age.
- He also helped to establish a program to ensure that the same minimally invasive treatment options are available to patients when they need emergency surgery.
- He has always enjoyed working with his hands and making use of technology in meaningful and effective ways.
- He enjoys spending his free time with his family by playing basketball, running, and reading.