dr. matthew coker
dr coker meridian ms
dr matthew coker meridian ms
matthew coker md
robotic gallbladder surgeon
robotic colorectal surgeon
robotic hernia repair surgeon
robotic breast cancer surgeon
Dr. Matthew T.
Dr. Matthew Coker in Meridian, MS is a board-certified General Surgeon with a medical practice focusing on Gastrointestinal & Breast Cancer surgery. He specializes in performing minimally invasive robotic & laparoscopic surgeries.
He graduated from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. He completed his general surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in 2019.
Providing Quality Medical Care Since 1952
Dr. Coker excels at performing laparoscopic and robotic surgeries, which provide many benefits to patients, including smaller incisions and a faster recovery. Robotics provides a better operating environment for the surgeon & allows them to perform at an even higher level.Dr. Coker at Meridian, MS is able to provide a wide range of surgical procedures, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Resection
- Breast Surgery
- Lumpectomy/Partial Mastectomy
- Total Mastectomy
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repair
- Diaphragmatic/Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Anti-Reflulx Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Endocrine Surgery
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Hemodialysis Access Surgery
- Arteriovenous Fistula Placement
- Arteriovenous Graft Placement
- Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Placement
- Hemodialysis Catheter Placement
Dr. Coker takes great pride and responsibility in his care for patients. He understands the vulnerable position that patients and their families are in when they meet him, and it is important to him that patients and their families understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- American College of Surgeons
areas of expertise
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Colon Surgery
- Rectal Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Parkland Memorial Hospital
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Veteran’s Affairs Hospital – Dallas
- Children’s Medical Center – Dallas
get to know DR. Matthew coker more
- He grew up in Beaumont, Texas.
- He strives to listen to discover what patients want and need to improve their quality of life.
- Patients describe him as kind, understanding, and excellent at helping them figure out exactly what to expect before, during, and after their surgery.
- He enjoys spending his free time with his family by hunting, fishing, wakeboarding, and camping.